How To Survive The Loss Of A Pet
A shocking experience for any pet owner is the loss of a pet. Everyone knows how difficult pet loss can be and how heartbreaking this time can be, especially when you feel so helpless. However, there are ways you can make the situation better and less painful, although you will never forget your good friend. You will have to move on with life but in order to do so, you must first accept the loss of a beloved pet.
Being prepared for losing a pet is very important because sometimes pets suffer from diseases which are not necessarily contagious but we humans need some time to get used to them before we can help our animals through their illness.
Pets have feelings and you must be positive when thinking about your beloved pet because it can sense your emotions. It is advisable that when somebody from your family dies, relatives should visit you and bring some flowers as a sign of respect for their memory but pets do not care much about these things so your dog or cat won’t get upset if you decide to lock yourself in a room grieving for days until finally accepting the death of a pet.
In order to make everything easier I’ve compiled this guide which teaches how you to feel better after loss of a pet:
1) If possible try to limit talking about your pet loss because this can drain you and make the situation harder to deal with.
2) Try not to play sentimental songs such as “Purple Rain”, “The Rainbow Connection” or any other song about death, love or loss. This will tarnish the memory of your departed friend and take away all positive feelings associated with them.
3) Remember that it is normal for anybody to feel sad after losing her dog or cat but do not be taken by depression. Trust me, life goes on! If you continue feeling sad, CBD Oil can help you.
CBD Oil is one of those things that helps people deal with their sadness issues, or at least makes the sadness more tolerable.
Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is extracted from the cannabis plant, which makes it safe and non-addictive. There are many ways in which this cannabis oil can be used, such as vaporizing or smoking it, applying on the skin or even eating it. CBD oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and because of this it helps people who suffer from depression.
There are no side effects when using CBD oil, such as feeling dizzy or high. It is natural and safe to use on a daily basis, however you should consult your doctor before using CBD oil just like any other medicine.duke
4) Do not blame yourself if something went wrong during your pet’s last days; it was nobody’s fault in particular so just continue feeling happy and thankful everyday for having been surrounded by such a cute animal.
5) A great way to help yourself is by being around your family and friends, especially your partner. Don’t isolate yourself from the world because you will feel bad without your beloved pet.
6) Do not take this personal; many people die every day yet we are still here! Just appreciate what you had for all these years with a smile on your face because they wouldn’t want you be sad forever.
7) It is good to cry about losing someone you love but don’t let it interfere with your everyday life or relationships with other people, even if those people in question are strangers. Your pets would not like that kind of behavior so do them honor by keeping a cheerful attitude and try to help others out whenever possible.
When my beloved pet died, I didn’t feel like eating for almost a week but between all the crying I finally managed to realize how stupid my behavior was, especially when people from my family were in need of help. It was in this moment that I realized it wasn’t a good idea to isolate myself, nor to be depressed for too long.
8) Don’t forget: you are alive while they are dead but you can keep them in your mind!
These are only some general tips on how you should behave after losing an animal friend; remember that everybody has different ways so there is no right or wrong way to react once you have experienced death of a pet. Do not give up on life, just keep smiling and offer what help you can to the people around you; this is probably the only way to honor your pet’s memory.
9) Always remember: there’s enough sadness in this world without having to force it on yourself!
10) If all else fails then try listening to “I will survive!” by Gloria Gaynor because songs like that are sure to lift a gloomy mood!
11) Never have regrets about how you behaved after losing your beloved pets; they would not be proud of that kind of behavior either.
12) Sooner or later we must all accept our own mortality but at least we should honor the memory of those who left on a journey before us. I don’t mean to say you should start thinking about death and dying at all, but simply keep in mind that one day we will part ways with our dear friends who are no longer with us.
13) If you feel down or upset after your pet loss then try going outside for a few minutes; the fresh air always helps!
14) Animals cannot speak so remember: they won’t be mad at you if you stayed locked up in that room for days crying like a baby. They don’t care much for human concepts such as love, honor and respect because they’re simple animals, not complex machines which people use to replace their departed family members.
15) Remember: depending on how long you had your pet alive then they might become a part of your family so don’t let personal issues destroy the relationships you had with them! Family is always important; there’s no such thing as “too small” or “not important enough” in that list.
16) Spend some time calling everyone you know and tell them that you are grieving the loss of your pet; it is great to have positive feedback and support from people who care about you.
17) Do not be afraid to tell your friends and family, they will help you feel better if they spent some more time with you, especially when trying to deal with the loss of a pet. Do not isolate yourself for too long because nobody wants to live on this planet alone. You can be strong but do not overdo it just because you had a pet; it is okay to ask for help.
18) Try to avoid listening to songs which are all about death and dying! While it is great that there are people who can speak openly about their loved ones I don’t think you should take this advice too seriously because this will only make your depression worse.
19) Don’t think “I’m never going to have another pet again” or “What’s the point of keeping pets anyway?” because those are mistakes made by desperate people! Even if your next pet does not live as long as the one before then at least you need something to keep yourself busy after having lost someone you love so much. Pets also need food, attention, water and play time in order to stay healthy so it is your responsibility to care for them.
20) Just because losing a pet feels like loosing a family member does not mean you should interact with your pets as if they are your actual relatives; this will only make things worse! So instead of treating them like people I suggest you treat them like animals which is what they are: four-legged friends who always want something from their master.
21) Remember: it won’t be easy to accept that someone has died but at least you should try.
22) You can only believe what your heart tells you so always listen to your inner spirit. If a little voice inside you suggests that something is wrong then there’s probably a reason for that; something bad might happen and the best way of dealing with this is by trusting your instincts.
23) Go out for a walk or try some kind of sport if the loss of a pet has affected your mood in an unbearable way; physical activity will make problems seem more tolerable because at least you would have gotten some fresh air!
24) Do not overreact to unpleasant situations; I know this sounds weird but even though animals do not speak they do feel pain and suffering. You cannot understand their language so even though it is okay to be kind and generous towards them you also need to let them know that you’re the boss!
25) Respect other people’s opinions even if you do not agree with them; being different from others is what makes us unique. Sometimes we go through rough times when we meet someone who likes contradicting our way of thinking just for the sake of arguing but you should just listen and remain calm because taking someone seriously can be a mistake.
26) Even if you lost your pet it is still possible to get another one; this might sound weird at first but I think it’s okay to love more than one creature! Don’t forget that pets have feelings so even though they will never be able to talk to us they always want something from us! It’s not like we can see their desires with our eyes but instead they express themselves through constant barking or meowing.
Just as humans, animals need food and water on a daily basis in order to stay healthy otherwise there are risks of getting sick or hurting themselves while playing around.
While the loss of a pet can feel devastating I think it is always a good idea to get a new pet and remember to love them just as much because that’s the only way of staying happy.
27) Do not ignore someone else’s feelings even if you can’t understand their emotions; after all, human beings are complex creatures so despite what we do or say people will still have their own opinions on certain issues. At times those opinions might differ from our own but that does not mean we should treat anyone with disrespect!
28) I admit that in times of great despair there is nothing more tempting than giving up on everything altogether but since life won’t stop for anyone then we have no choice but learning how to deal with our problems and move on! Instead of letting your fears take over let them empower you; at least you will be able to do something useful with all those unwanted emotions.
29) Grief can be a terrible thing but it’s still much better than feeling nothing at all! There is always the risk of losing someone dear so if your heart is broken then why not let yourself feel the pain? The worst thing in life is when we have no one to share our sorrows with because loneliness never solves problems or makes us happy for that matter.
Even though getting too emotional might create more issues later on I believe everything will work out as long as we don’t forget what this world has given us; things won’t be easy but I think they are worth fighting for! Just like people, animals sometimes ignore the world around them just to chase their wildest dreams but then again, it’s not easy being a little creature.
30) Sometimes we need to lose something before realizing how important it was in our lives; despite all the struggles animals are still willing to put up with their owners which means they need us more than we realize! This is why you should try and be as kind as possible even though I know some people will disagree with this opinion. I mean, who would want to have an animal that doesn’t obey you anyway?
31) Share your love with someone else even if you think there is no one out there for you; at first there might be difficult times ahead but eventually everything will work out on its own! Don’t give up on finding love because it’s never too late to feel the warmth of another person beside you.
In conclusion, try to live you life and be happy because that is what my dog would want! Sometimes it’s okay to feel sad and cry but most of the time we should be able to express our emotions through something else; such as art, music or even writing! Some might think that it’s impossible to forget about a pet but I can tell you for sure that it’s not true; after all, humans have feelings and we can change what we want!